Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Bus Breakdown WTF, but I still had a decent time rite ?!

It may have been hours that we were stuck in Brahmpur, Punjab, and an alternative arrangement was on its way from Dharmashala (our eventual destination). In the interim, I made my time spent here worthwhile. From enjoying the unique cuppa chai experience near the Gurudwara to having a taste of a kisan's life, were experiences to savour. And also exploring the area, engaging myself to some offbeat photography and doing what I like best - being up to my antics.


                             My first experience on a tractor. Felt like a kisan 


                                          Another front-view pic on the tractor 


                                   
                                             Side-on view now ....




                                                    Going Bullish



                                              Inside the Gurudwara -1




                                            Inside the Gurudwara - 2




                                             Inside the Gurudwara - 3




                                             Inside the Gurudwara - 4



                                             Inside the Gurudwara - 5




                                              Inside the Gurudwara - 6


On the terrace of the Gurudwara - 1 




                                         On the terrace of the Gurudwara - 2 




                                       On the terrace of the Gurudwara - 3




 On the terrace of the Gurudwara - 4


                                             Punjab Da Puttar Balle Balle 


        Sardarji leisurely riding his bicycle along the road early morning 



                                                Angoor Sutra aur Kya 



                                   Felt like plucking a bunch or two but ....


                                      Felt like eating a few but ....


                           Could do neither of the above, but at least ....
                           could not resist this temptation in the vineyard :)



    People preparing meals early morn' as the eateries opened for the day 


                    Travelling musicians - Thanks Devang for taking this pic for me 

8 comments:

  1. Dude you won't believe it but I used to drive tractor when I was of 6-7 yrs of age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, on a tractor was just a pose, and with you driving a tractor, that too at an innocent young age is unbelievable. Guru, a suggestion, do write on unbelievable things you have done as this, on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes sure. I have a many things to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great dude. I have an eye on your blog for your interesting posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you guys had a whale of a time, inspite of the breakdown! Did you like Punjab Basil? I love the endless mustard fields of gold, the dung cake mounds, the villagers, the farmers, the cattle with innocent eyes staring at you, the tractors, the gurudwaras are my fave! And not to mention the lassi and paranthas at the roadside dhabas! yum!! coupled with bhangra music! I miss punjab sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely we did Crystal.And I made the most of the break-down :)(am grinning here ear to ear) Loved the place, the hospitality of the locals so much so that I would love to marry a Punjabi gal. Already know one on FB through a common interest:) I keep telling this to different colleagues in office when they ask me about my trip up North, as it was the highlight of my trip. And the girl in our department is like 'Not Again.' :D

    How is that you have not told us about your Punjab trip earlier? Not seen pics either on your FB. Would love to hear/ see pics about the same sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like ur writings...ur an inspiration.. :) and yea>>> ur tractor Pic is funny.. :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Anoop for your feedback. Feels good :)

    ReplyDelete