Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Of Weird FB Friend Requests

Yes, I may be a networking addict and whoever I tend to meet in the offline world on professional grounds or otherwise it would be no surprise he or she may be on my friend list. And the ‘World of Basil Da Bullet’ well knows that!! There are still many others who I may have not met yet or may never meet. But there is every chance that I have connected to that individual online – on FB. 

My interests being varied – I have connected with people from the field of media, authors and authors-to-be, bibliophiles, cricketers and cricket fans, esp. SRT fans (Sachinists), glamour – models, hot-shot fashion photographers, fashion designers, hair-stylists, actors and actresses, singers …so on and forth, the list being endless.

Oh yea, of course, thanks to the social networking tool, I have been able to keep in touch with relatives and maintain contact with classmates from school to college years, colleagues – former and current.

What prompted to writing this post was a shocker friend request I had received earlier this afternoon around 12.45 hrs. And it found me an urge to immediately write a post on the same.

The friend request which I have not yet accepted and not likely to came from a profile bearing the name of Raggu Pickerson from Chennai, Tamil Nadu. His profile states that he has studied at Akita Municipal Junior College of Arts & Crafts. And the intriguing part of his profile says that he works at the municipality (cleaning service) and displays his pic (or is it) as a bearded fellow, not all that unkempt by appearance and quite well-dressed but carrying a partially-filled sack with garbage seen strewn in the background.
I have taken a screen shot of this strange individual’s FB Homepage with the pending friend request and I am sharing it here. Do give your thoughts on it.



The online world can really be vague isn’t it? I am sure you have your own little stories to share on the same. And I would love to hear from you with regards to it.

12 comments:

  1. The social networking sites are very risky. I for one NEVER accept friend requests from people I dont know personally. I mean I dont think there would be someone stalking me or something but it is just that the virtual world where even known people behave differently ( it loosens inhibitions) it is safe not to encourage strangers. Besides, when I bring in a friend on my list I am also responsible for what this individual's behavior with my other friends? There are people who have different FB identities I am told -something like Sybil? I guess there is a lot of loneliness around in this world and these sites help people cope with that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well o well, while I do not disagree with what you have said, I still feel networking online,is essential nowadays. But we have to be careful, while doing just that. I do it,and I see no reason why others cannot. And, I hope you can count on trusting me as a pal on FB too. It would be nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, Just join friendship with those persons whom you know or recommended by friend.. or you may check their profile.

    There is no meaning of friendship(with lots of friends) if we can not count on their name and remember their birthdays.

    Happy Diwali !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True Santosh, am with you on your statement.

    And advance Diwali Greetings to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you go on a networking website, you do take risks. No matter how strong your privacy settings, strangers can at least see your profile picture. it is part and parcel, I feel.
    There was once a guy who'd read my book and wrote to me how he'd written a letter with his blood and would like to show it to me. Creep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WTF, and was this letter addressed to you ?!? I have heard about such people though, but not known of anyone I personally know having such an experience and God Forbid won't ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know whether the letter was addressed to me or not. He was unclear on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh ok, and thanks for the blog visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ptoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy. not even in my dreams ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I do not as a rule friend strangers to FB and that includes blogger friends too. The reason being that FB is too personal and not everyone must be a part of it :). I have received some weird requests myself. And, they straight go to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny as it may seem but these fake ids are quite common though in case it's a little different...His frnd request will only add +1 to your subscribers :P

    ReplyDelete