Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 June 2011

Crystal - the epitome of friendship


The sun may have been up today and shining, but the morose, ill me refused to cheer up, still in sync with the contrasting weather of the previous day. And I continued to remain most of the time under self-confinement.

But a pleasant call from one of my better friends with whom I share a unique bonding, truly made my day.
This came to light to her with a FB status of mine that read "My life = a total screw up." 

Her name is Crystal, more about our fascinating friendship on another post (Permission Granted right !!). In time, it has been very difficult to be in touch with her, with her work-related commitments seeing her fly out of the country more often than not. So calling her was out of the question too as she never kept a number, until when she is India which I believe is subject to frequent changes.

It was another matter she could initially not call up, as my cell has been switched off most of the time since last afternoon. Reason being, I was/still am totally disgruntled with an inconsiderate response to my plight by a senior at my workplace. Call, she did, when she spilled the beans to me on that particular wall status and I kept my cell on for a while. It was really thoughtful and sweet of her, to cheer up my mood with the lovely call. 

Crystal, I know how time is money for you (pardon me, if I have worded it wrongly), but how you managed that half an hour for me is very appreciable (trust your important conference that followed went well). This justifies your presence in my FB Album - 'Friends Forever' despite the fact our meetings and spending quality time together have been few, To a certain mutual pal, the previous line may be uncalled for, but I felt it was necessiated under the unique circumstances our friendship took root, branched out and continues to grow.



I have this tendency to cringe and get cranky whenever I fall ill and make this public on FB too - which is an extension of my life as Twitter is tending to be nowadays. And she, with her lovely, cheerful comments when am down and with such depressing statuses up on FB, puts in her extra bit to lighten up my mood, to a fair measure of success, as today :)

Crystal, I could not thank you enough with your call for making me feel 'so special' and 'part of your life' but in my own special way, I am doing my bit. You truly are an epitome of friendship to me, and many others, for sure !! Keep up the good vibes !!

24 comments:

  1. Wow Thats very sweet of her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly a blessing to have friends like her. Even online friends as you can make a difference. Thoughts count more than anything else. You are just a phone call away too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Basil,u don't have to thank me..that's what friends are for right? To be there for you in good times as well as not so good! But,this piece is so so very sweet - that i have to thank you.. I don't deserve it, our lives and busy schedules have taken us really far from each other! This is the least i could do to make u feel better! Ur status on FB made me feel very sad..and i just wanted to change that for you to something more positive! I'm happy if i managed to do that. "Money" basil has and never will ever mean much to me! Friends and relationships are what truly matter in my life.. and i like to hold them close - 'coz they are few and far between! So, i feel equally grateful when i see you write this piece about me! I have no language to put into words...but yes, my heart is full of something beautiful after reading the above! Take care and God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yeah, permission granted for that other post about our unique friendship! :) It is indeed very unique - and the fact that it still lasts after all these years means much. Can't wait to read it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice of you to have elucidated the way you are to the readers of my blog. There are many of them, and am proud to let them know how fortunate I am to have known a friend as you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And, as about the second comment, it will come sooner rather than later :)Was hoping to hunt those pics down but alas ): Its been a decade of our togetherness across the miles Crystallll. Can you believe that ? It seems just like yesterday ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're lucky to have such a caring and sweet friend. May your friendship last for as long as the both of you live. Once again, good writing, crisp, to-the-point!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man... ur writing is so clean... never knew that :O

    need to follow ur blog from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. for whatever 'ur writing so clean' means 'sounds good' & do be my follower .... much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautifully written buddy! im fortunate to know both people involved here!! cheers to a wonderful friendship!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yea, Crystal, in a way is a gift to us in a self-centric world, by large. Friends like her are rarefied !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. real friendship
    -:)
    very touching
    I wish with all my heart that you have many many
    true friends in this journey of life

    also dude... now i must say...
    am a fan of your writing
    when are you publishing a novel of ur own?
    i will be the first to buy it, i promise

    ReplyDelete
  13. thx broda, for your nice words. Yes, she is a lovely friend, and there are a few others too :)) More, the merrier :))

    As for the book, its a dream but will try someday :))And yea, you shall be the first author to know :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow,I can't explain in words the rush of emotions that ran through me after reading your post...its beautiful and it strikes a chord with its universality. You are really lucky you have a friend like her :)
    Cheers to your friendship

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thx Swaranali .... appreciate your comment. Yes, she is a a wonderful pal :)) And yes, am your new blog follower :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following me,it means a lot to me :) (and please remove the extra "a" from my name :P)

      Delete
    2. awww ... sowie, Swarnali :/

      Delete
  16. wow!!! reminded of my friends reading the post....sweetly captured the sweet moments of friendship...lucky friends for each other:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. thx Elli .... she surely makes for a lovely pal. And do write in about your wonderful experiences with your friends too .... :))Gonna check in to your blog now :))

    ReplyDelete