Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 June 2011

More than just a Trek/ Nature Trip at Bondla


As I had mentioned in an earlier post, the Bondla outing was more than just a trek/ nature trip. It mainly was a get-together for the participants who attended the National Himalayan Trekking Expedition with GHA last month. Hence, Bondla was the ideal place to have such a wonderful re-union. 

It was around, 1.30 am, I moved out of the zoo to a  vehicle that brought us our lunch and helped in carrying several plates and a large spoon towards the garden expanse where we lunched. The lunch was sumptuous and the servings would be more than one would expect, especially with the numbers, twice as less than expected. It was nice to see the GHA President, Pramod Kamat (with two of his friends), GHA Member, Mangirish Pai and his wife Sheela joining in by lunch time.

It seemed like the Gods were with us all through the outing, as when we trekked, it rained heavily thus making for a wonderful monsoonal trekking experience. As we reached the zoo, the rains receded, and by lunch, it stopped.

After lunch, it was time for fun and games, with the lively GHA Vice President, Vishwas Kadam (Apa) taking centre-stage. We began with Passing the Parcel in the light rains, which I eventually won beating Deepika at the end. Moments later, I was chaired by the celebrating guys for whom it was matter of 'The Male Ego.' The promised prize for the winner of the game was not to be, and I got the empty bottle. Duhhhhh !! Apa you betcha give my prize on the next trek.

Next, we played 'Dog & The Bone' which was hilarious as with the rains  pounding upon us and  the lush lawns we were all quavery with the chill and the ground rendered very slippery. Either side had 14 players, with some deciding not to play (such suckers) and taking refuge under their umbrellas or making a hasty retreat to our bus. Anyway, the fun we had slipping and sliding as our numbers were called out by the Ref (Apa) made for great entertainment. I especially could not hold back my laughter, when my good trekker buddy, Devang from our team, made a dash towards the bone (was a bottle) with an umbrella in hand. Reaching there, he flung aside his umbrella. I just could not control my laughter that I went on all fours and smacked the ground. Dunno, if anyone noticed me doing that :D Ohhh, I did contribute my bit to the team's cause. At the first opportunity of my number being called, I got a point. It was against my pal, Chandresh Revankar (with whom I trekked earlier in the day under my umbrella). I held my head-to-head record against him, as our next two duels ended in ties. He later on went to tell me, that of all people I had to get him. As according to him, I did not present him point-scoring opportunities. Well, he did scamper off with the bone in the first of our three face-offs, but I tackled him to the ground as he slipped only a few metres from home. Seeing the pattern, I decided to be extra cautious when my number would be subsequently called as running was next to impossible, and only more than a jog would do.  So my number, 13, indeed was to prove lucky. By the way, the result, went our way 10-6. It was on even keel until the half-way mark when our dogs (and bitches :P) cut loose. 

Stand-up kho-kho in a circular formation was the next game played. I joined only at the very end, but thoroughly enjoyed nonetheless. There was another game also played, something like a tag team game which was interesting. I did not participate in this game. 

It was disappointing that wonderful game ideas mooted by Devang, as Dumb Sharads did not enthuse any interest as such and a lot of quality time was wasted. Soaked to the bone and chilled to the spine, we clattered our teeth and trembled as we headed to our bus at around 4 pm. Sadly, there were no clicks taken as the rains did not present an opportunity with the well-being of ruining our cameras at stake. 

On our way back home, we stopped for tea at Ponda and continued our 'full on' fun in the bus with loony acts and wild singing.

As under our some pics taken by me (excepting that of my own pic) on our return trip home:


                   The beautiful Meg, fresh as a daisy after her shower :)


                                   They had a great time seated at the back !!




                              My good yo-man pal, Devang with Malikarjun (L)


                                           I think you know him well :)




                                               Anoop with his pal, Ashwini


        A Friendship Taken Shape - My new buddy, Virender with Ankita 


                                                   Robeen (L) with Saiesh


                                Apa with one of his crazy expression. LMAO 


Did he cry ??


                                        This girl, hehe, find her a sample :D


                   He maintained this posture for most of the return journey, I know of at least :)


                                           Mukesh & Apa full-on masti !!


                                     Apa & Robeen - Brotherly Love 


                                       Radha & Anoop - up to nataks :P 


                             The return bus journey really rocked with em :)

I was dropped back home at around six, carrying memories of one of my better 'get wet in the rains' experiences, and hope of many to come in the course of the season.  

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful :) You enjoyed to the core i guess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhh yes, definitely did, Shilpa. The text & pix say it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. u must hav njoyed a lot.............gr8 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely did Prachsee. You should join us sometime. You will definitely have a lot of fun too :)

    ReplyDelete