Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 May 2011

Himalayas - Here I come

Having regretfully missed out on the Goa Hiking Association organised National Trekking Expedition to the Himalayas last May which a few of my friends attended, I was all the more keen and counting the months, that turned to weeks and later days, that would eventually lead to fulfilling my own dream to the conquest of the snow-capped mountains. In the run-up to what would be my most arduous trekking programme, through the monsoons I completed a record 13 one-day treks - a record in itself - braving the searing heat to the torrential downpour, crossing monstrous streams with strong undercurrents, inching my way down steep, winding slopes while reaching out for outcroppings in the slushy mud and relentless rain et all.

And this day was soon to arrive on 10th May, 2011, when I left home around tennish in the morn for the Margao Railway Stn. to catch my Delhi-bound 11.20am train with several others, some boarding the train at Karmali and Thivim respectively,  looking ahead with bundles of ceaseless excitement at the quest of their Himalayan adventure.

                  The wait is not too far off, when an unfulfilled Himalayan Dream is to be achieved !!

2 comments:

  1. nice blog..wouldn't ya b wrtiting more on the Himalayan adventure stuff??!!??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Anoop .... thx mate. Yep, I will reach there at some point of time. 'am still travelling to Dharmashala at this juncture of blogging. Happy Following :)And do get back to the Blog Mode too. Its very meaningful and much better than idling away on Facebook ....

    ReplyDelete