Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 13 July 2011

The Scent of a Woman

Over the last three days, I have been on a short story that I have already titled, ‘Virginity Deflowered.’ The title may have already perforated your senses, and you will soon get to read it on this blog.
Anyway,  somewhere towards end noon yesterday, I had reached a point in my story where I wanted to make a mention of the perfume that the girl loved to wear on a special occasion and I was at a loss.
I did not feel Google would be the right option as it would not serve the purpose you know :P So I logged into Facebook – my favourite networking tool and found a friend online. In the course of the chat, I asked her, "ggimme a name of ur fav perfume" and added the word typo, realizing that I had just done the same. So much for being an edit guy :) Poison :P came her prompt tongue-in-cheek reply. And the chat  meandered thus:

whoa sounds in lines to the story
well as in axe effect we have chocolate, music star, googly, etc.
like that
so poison ... what, I asked.
hmmm
den i like sporty
always liked sporty perfumes, giving it a thought, she responded.
its desi brand ? A non-knowledgeable me about cosmetics asked.
Coming to terms with my state of confusion, she queried ...
ok
temme wat do u wan ?
Just, I said, words failing me.
name o a perfume, she asked again.
is it Indian
yea, I wanted to know. (I had decided to mention an Indian ladies' perfume brand on my story)
wat?? She was losing her patience by now I guess, and was bewildered as well, by my queer questions.
poison sporty, I keyed in.
sporty?? she replied.
is it Indian, an ignorant me asked again.
hhahaha
na re     umm, I had her laughing. Positive sign. It is so difficult to understand me, I tell you, esp. when online.
ok, I simply said.
poison is jus poison, she explained.
ok
n sporty is sumthin else, I tried to understand.
ok
ferrai
black, she says, confusing me further.
Not quite understanding her, I put up a Status on FB. Sure, I will get many comments (read as: replies) coming in as it usually is.
ok well, respond to my status
will chk on the best
im confused
poison, sporty, ferrari black :) I tell her.
ok, she replies.
And promptly she puts up a comment, the first. More on that, and the others, a bit later.
Back on the story, I let her know.
sporty is nt a brand baba, she informs.
for some enlightenment I guess :) stories will tutor me further, I reply, as by the passing minute, I get replies on my New Status pouring in.

The Status read thus:

All you ladies out there, wanna know your fav perfume. The best of which, will find a mention in my next short story. Don't prod me to know any further ;) ;)
Yesterday at 12:57pm · Privacy: · Like ·

Within the next eight minutes, I get five replies.

 Prutha Pai ferrari- black
Yesterday at 12:58pm · Unlike ·  1 person 

Pinkie Hirani gucci - envy Me
Yesterday at 12:59pm · Unlike ·  2 people 

Millisha Silveira YSL-Babydoll
Yesterday at 1:01pm · Unlike ·  1 person

Sonia Mendonca Armani- Black code
Yesterday at 1:03pm · Unlike ·  1 person

And I feel an urge to comment :)

Basil Da Bullet nice names. only heard of Gucci until now, but Pinkie ... does Envy Me go with it or is it a teaser to other gals out there ? Like with Axe Effect, we have fragrances as Chocolate, Music Star, Googly ... talking about Axe Effect, has it any bearing on you girls yet ? ;)
Yesterday at 1:05pm · Like

Mangala Bhandarkar Mont Blanc - Femme Individuelle
Yesterday at 1:05pm · Unlike ·  1 person

Pinkie & I

Pinkie Hirani envy me totally goes with it - in everyway ;)
Yesterday at 1:08pm · Unlike ·  1 person
Basil Da Bullet alrite Pinkie. hope to meet u soon.
Yesterday at 1:10pm · Like

Millisha adds more exotic perfume names

Millisha Silveira To name a few more of my favorites: Ralph Lauren's Romance & Cool are pretty good. Azzaro NOW is awesome!!! But YSL's Babydoll will still remain my all time favorite ♥
Yesterday at 2:27pm · Unlike ·  1 person

The very names of so many femme fatale perfumes turned me on to a flirty mood ;) 

Basil Da Bullet wow, am learning names of ladies' perfumes today but wonder when I would figure out 'the scent of a woman' ;) ;)
Yesterday at 2:37pm · Like
Basil Da Bullet btw, milli what was the perfume u wore that day at the dance class ... it was 'quite intoxicating' u know ;)
Yesterday at 2:51pm · Like

Woe me. *Tch* *Tch* no replies. How could this be? 'am Da Bullet after all, and shoot blanks, thus perfectly safe ...

Tina Da Cunha Burberry and my fav Lacoste Pink. :)
Yesterday at 3:17pm · Unlike ·  2 people

There, there ... an opportunity to play with words, and she would not resist the temptation to hit back either ;)

Basil Da Bullet the latter sounds quite dangerous Sweety ... I hear a snap of jaws and nothing Pink in that - rather, all RED !!
Yesterday at 3:21pm · Like

Her reply took some time coming, but when it did, was not much a surprise but *wink* *wink*

Tina Da Cunha Lol. Yeah only heard? check out the fragrance. you'll be mesmerized and snapped by the jaws. :)
Yesterday at 4:11pm · Like

Now, how I long for a Chowgule College batch re-union and my off-topic reply ....

Basil Da Bullet yea, when next down in goa, lets have a re-union n wear your fav scent, let sonia wear hers :) I will learn the scent of you women too :)
23 hours ago · Like

Tina Da Cunha Why not. I'm in.
17 hours ago · Unlike ·  1 person

TODAY

Sonia Mendonca oye Basil Da Bullet sure.....wat say Tina Da Cunha??????????
6 hours ago · Unlike ·  1 person

Seeing me, go beyond the line my good ol' one-trek buddy butts in :D :D

Pinkie Hirani Basil - are you SUREEE this was about the book?!?!?! in the first place? cause the way its going out here...it seems like your focus is shifting. hahaha lol
3 hours ago · Like

I was quick to make my reasons and intentions clear, to all & sundry reading this, esp. silently and enjoying it.

Basil Da Bullet not at all Pinkie, am on it at the moment. My focus is firmly where it should be. And that is how I am. Read the status & DND.
3 hours ago · Like

Yea, that was her fun side ... likes to provoke me sometimes. Its coooool though. Do not quite mind it, if one can take it too :P

Pinkie Hirani OK OK EASY dude!
3 hours ago · Unlike ·  1 person

And the thread ends there, and so I suppose. It is just past 6 pm now. 


I would like to thank all those ladies who intoxicated my olfactory senses with your amazing replies. 


In order of respondents: 
Prutha Pai
Pinkie Hirani
Millisha Silveira
Sonia Mendonca
Mangala Bhandarkar
(Sweety)Tina D'Cunha



A New Status Earlier Today

Basil Da Bullet
My new short story will be completed today.
5 hours ago · Privacy: · Like ·
Steven Pereira and Sonia Mendonca like this.

Sonia Mendonca on perfumes???????????
4 hours ago · Like

Pinkie Hirani hahaha
4 hours ago · Like

Basil Da Bullet For the Love of God ... NO !! That would be too intoxicating to even read. Good heavens, how could that thought have come about ??
3 hours ago · Like

Savio Paes I wud read it on my phone i guess......no laptop!
36 minutes ago · Like


To be continued ??!!







w            

14 comments:

  1. :D:D dis is surprising... din expect u to put up d conversation... :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear gal, da bullet never ceases to surprise. Thought, I would give something kinna hilarious and interesting for my readers this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so now u know alot bout girl perfumes!.Interesting....i guess now our chats arn't safe either!.Looking 4ward to ur next piece

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao, yea ... do look forward ... appreci :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Que...Why r u so concerned about Girly thigs ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, haven't you read the post properly ? Or just commented for the heck ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you should join PGDWS (Post Graduation Diploma in Woman Studies) if its available. You have great future. ;-)

    Jokes apart, altogether very interesting post and feels like 'picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.'

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D:D:D Words fail me. What a comment mate !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohh m sorry bullet...actually i was feeling sleepy and i thought it was just a flirty chat with gals..My apology.. ;) so wen r u publishing the story..? m waiting to hav it...why dont u make a novel of your stories instead of posting on blog posts? i mean its gud to read in blogposts but it would be more pleasant feeling to read a novel written by a friend
    All the very best
    Sandip

    ReplyDelete
  10. thx Sandy, am working on a collection of short stories which will be on a book eventually. Well, a best-selling author has had one of her books inspired from a collection of 34 blog posts based on true-life incidents. Subsequently, the posts were deleted for obvious reasons. Well, do read www.justamotheroftwo.blogspot.com to know more ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow so much of research has gone into the Virginity story!! And you are a true communications expert- going by all the adverts you have put up for your story before it was posted. Never knew FB could be used so creatively..!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you Meera. Goes with my profession, you know ;) Are you on FB ? Looking forward to your third piece of fiction. A friend of mine, Savio Paes, keen on fiction writing, would like to know you on this creative channel. I have told him about your blogs, and he finds, 'Kaleidoscope' interesting :)He told me to introduce you to him, and through blogs ... whoa, that's quite something, wad say ?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did I just read my name in there??? I didn't expect you to shoot our comments on your blog :P Anyway...enjoyed reading the thread :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have that right Milli. Could not be that silly, could you ??? Anyway,that was in a lighter vein. I have another interesting one on nail paints which I haven't posted here, though the gal wouldn't mind :P

    ReplyDelete