Powered By Blogger

Monday 24 October 2011

Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge

Today is the first anniversary of my friendship with one of the craziest girls, I have come to having known, but I am fond of nonetheless. She is a real hun-bun. Edible? That, I would digress from making known :D
A cute girl, right from the outset we have had our fair share of fights. Loves irritating me, not that I am any less :P

Rewinding back to the day I came to know about her – exactly a year back on this day, I was quite upset returning home. Yet another opportunity of watching an International Cricket Match LIVE at the Nehru Stadium, Fatorda, Margao between the home team against the Australians went abegging as playing conditions were deemed unfit.

Back home and switching on t my computer and logging in to FB as is my wont; I had this friend request pending. A cutesy, happy face stared back at me, not that I was taken aback by that but the close to a dozen - and - half mutual friends we shared. And that too my former colleagues at the organization I am with for just over five fruitful years now. I had an inkling at this point where this would lead to.

In my inimitable style, with no courtesy intro message coming in, I did not click the accept friend option. But keyed in a quickie. I asked the gal for an intro and prompt came her reply. And within a few minutes, she became my friend on the social networking tool.  Yes, I am not like the often-found guys on FB (and or Orkut and the like social networking sites for that matter) looking for cute or sexy chicks online to befriend and randomly send requests. Yes, I do send out requests to beautiful girls if I find something interesting about her, but it is always with an intro. Any girl I have befriended online and who I have eventually met or even spoken to for that matter, can vouch for that. I haven’t changed as much. And I stay true to my self.
And that is what this girl came to understand - I can be nice, a real sweetheart but I can also be rude – a meanie. I can be funny, crazy and also can be sarcastic and have my PJs. 


We got to meet sometime before year-end (end December – I think the day was 29th). I had gone shopping with mom and on my way back home went to meet this FB character of a pal at her work-place behind Grace Church, Margao. Pleasantries exchanged, we did not get to speak much. Alas, she was shit scared of her boss.

In time, I considered her to be one of my good friends or perhaps on her way being categorized thus. I even celebrated her birthday out at Dom Pedro’s, Margao, albeit belated by a few days. That she invited me to attend her grand 21st birthday three days earlier, took me by surprise. Not that she, hardly had known me in person yet, but that she did not invite her odd friend who she had personally known last few years. It is another matter I had not attended her birthday. But I make her feel special on 9th Feb, or I suppose I did, with a treat and a nice Aquarian gift for the Piscean later that evening.


B'dai Treat at Dom Pedro's 


At the Aquarium where Val got her Eenie & Mienie - lil Goldfish :)

A day short from the anniversary date of our friendship, she came over to my place to present me with a cute kitty who I have named Valie. A delayed cutesy gift, but nevertheless, so sweet, adorable and meowyyy
J J



Cute Cats at my place yesterday 

She has once said, she can be herself around with me, the feeling is thus mutual. Not known too many girls who are as broad-minded as her with whom I can talk A-Zee. 

Love that pissat a lot ;) Val is what I call that Gal :)

18 comments:

  1. ur sucha swthrt baba ;)i neva knew yu wud write tys!!m so sad tat i missed wrkin wid ya at hello...
    nonetheless ur xtremely sweet n down 2 earth..tanq so muc m so glad n happy 2 b ur frnd..hope our frnship remain 4eva green..ya apart 4rm our random fights n unagreeable matter :P
    who elz can i get 2 pull a leg frm? ;) munchkin was jus for yu!!
    godbless yu & like i olways say..STFU n FO :D :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to a beautiful friendship! :)
    (see--I did comply with your requests to visit you :) )
    Regards
    Preeti Shenoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx Val Gal for the lovely comment and the pleasantries :P:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet of you, Ma'am Shenoy. A privilege to have you visit my blog, read and comment on this post to start with. I am humbled :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice :) sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really sweet! A kitty for a gift? In today's times it is not often that we can really be ourselves around anyone except good friends. Best of luck to both of you and your friendship :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meera: Thanks for the lovely words, and I am sure Valerie will appreciate your best wishes as well :)I so love munchkin - I was awaiting the delivery so eagerly past so many months - first a false alarm,then the pregnancy, and then the long wait !!Irrespective of the sex, I even pre-planned the kitty name - Valie after my adorable pal, Valerie :* :* By the way, the kitty is a female :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww dat was really sweet..okay u r sarcastic no doubt..! But i can totally relate to Mujhse Frandship Karoge Scenario....i want more :)) I mean more fb related stories of urs..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well o well, u can totally relate to such a scenario too ?! hmm, temme more, rather tell us - blog it out :) You will certainly read/hear more such stories. Not just that,you will be eventually part of it as our fraaandship blossoms :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing much to say. Just a line said by Aristotle:
    "Friend is A single soul dwelling in two bodies."
    God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks a lot Guru - from Both of US!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sneha: Thank You. You are quite something too. You have a new follower here as well. BTW, love cats n dogs too - u ought to check my FB Pics :)I even own a feline lovers group on FB - 'Miaou'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oww dat was shoo sweeet of u mama(basil)^.^

    and happy friendship anniversary both of u :*

    ReplyDelete