Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 May 2011

Travelling in the train to Delhi was quite something

Travelling to Goa-Delhi and across six states, viz. Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh is quite something you have to fathom while travelling in a Sleeper Class train bogey.
Along the journey late that evening, peeping outside the window, I came across a major fire wolfing its fiery teeth across the greens which was a sorry sight. I quickly pulled out my digicam from my pouch and took a click - the first of many on the trip. 


               Denudation of a lovely landscape - nature's wrath or a moron's moment of madness ?

Patience and Tolerance of the samples you encounter is one thing, and the distance is another.More on the latter, a a tad later. Here, I would like to relate about the kinna harrowing experience I had with an eunuch who was moving with another collecting money. When I realized these types were making their way to our compartment, I turned facing the window where I was seated, but the eunuch with the plunging neck-line turned his/her attention towards me. Like I cared what s/he wore or how titillating s/he may look (if eunuchs ever looked so), s/he was like give me a tenner or I will throw your specs out of the window, and then adds, 'mujhse pyaar ki nazar se dekh rahe ho ....' I did not argue as is my wont, and knowing that the situation was hopeless gave the uncouth cross person with whom I was cross with a fiver.
That unsavoury incident aside, the approach to the Capital City was both telling and unbearable as you are soon to encounter a fiery blast of the sun rays as your train chugs through the tunnels and across the countryside as it nears Delhi. 




4 comments:

  1. dude did u lit that fire ????

    from Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. you crazy mahn .... as you so very well know, am a nature lover. Besides, I was travelling in the train and took the picha. Guess, you are just looking at the pictures and not reading the entries ):

    ReplyDelete
  3. well maybe this is what we call "JOURNEY" every moment is a new experience, cascading us thru various emotions as just like in ur case 1c u felt to be a nature lover and next eunuch ...

    "s/he was like give me a tenner or I will throw your specs out of the window, and then adds, 'mujhse pyaar ki nazar se dekh rahe ho ....' " ROFL :D

    dont u hv a pic of urs with ur priceless expression at that moment of time? lolzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, in the first place lemme thank you Appy for visiting my blog .... more experiences to follow :)
    secondly, naahhh, I do not have a pic of myself taken at that annoying moment - there was nobody of our group around to do so & thankfully, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete